Thursday, December 29, 2005

p.23 Please don’t jinx me…

Wow, Christmas time last year Da was in her jumpsuit, fighting her urge for cigarettes while visiting the municipal North Pole downtown. Her courage continues to amaze me.

This December, she had to appear in court again – BUT IT WAS FOR THE LAST TIME! Hooray, she has completed her sentences and as soon as she “graduates” from the mental health court (this should be in January) her record is expunged. I am so proud of her.

I guess her angel this year was a young fella that she has fallen madly in love with. He seems to be simple but has a good head on his shoulders. He also seems to worship the ground she walks on. She wants to get married right away and start a family (Lord help us), he wants to wait a year and see if she can get her one manic tattoo removed –wow I like this guy and so does the rest of our family.

We did have a joyous Christmas all together and things went smoothly.

Da does have a hidden fear of what would happen should this guy leave her life – it sounds like she thinks her only way would be too return to her old friends and we know what that would mean.

Her work is going well enough that she hopes to get off state assistance and leave her “happy crack addicts” apartment complex - Funny but people just think I make these things up in our lives; but sure enough when a local network did one of the “undercover investigations” of a company with at least 24 local shops they chose Da’s to be the one they went into. Her probation officer was the first to call her when she heard her voice. Da was so upset; she couldn’t believe that someone would do this. I hope she understood some of the sneaky things she had done in the past and how it affected others then. Well fortunately things worked out ok, and it was much ado about nothing. I actually had a chuckle about it; they never showed her on camera, just recorded her voice.

I also learned, and I am not sure of the program, that her medicine for her Bipolar will now be free to her for the rest of her life. I am not sure if this is part of the mental health court program, but wow! She is currently taking Trileptal.

So as the New Year comes around, once again I will ask for collective prayers, thoughts to a higher being, ode to a tree – anything on behalf of Da and those around her. For all I know you guys might have saved her life this year.

2 Comments:

Blogger ewschott said...

It will be soon, I wanted to have her celebrate the big 21st. birthday before I posted, the news is all good!

8:29 PM  
Blogger Disability Blogger said...

re: "I also learned, and I am not sure of the program, that her medicine for her Bipolar will now be free to her for the rest of her life."

Wow. Even on our health plan, my stepson's bipolar meds cost quite a bit.

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter